Saturday, November 24, 2012

Procrastination, Shoes, and Summer Camp


Hello World! こんにちは世界、it’s me again.
I am actually pretty proud that I got my act together, sat down and wrote another blog post. I am actually up to par with my weekly blogging schedule.

Playing around with my new camera effects... And new hairstyle :P

           I have really exciting news! So last blog I kind of went off on a tangent about 森の池(my Japanese immersion camp), and how I hoped I could go back this year. (Okay, I didn’t KIND OF go off on a tangent, I just plain went off on a tangent.) Well… I am officially registered for session JD32 of Mori no Ike for 2013!! Two more weeks of paradise! (Yeah, I wanted to be a four week student this year, but finances and stuff weren’t in my favor.) Speaking of which I need to get writing on an essay for a scholarship, but I figured you guys wanted to hear from me first. I procrastinate too much…

SPEAKING OF PROCRASTINATION: Half my neighborhood still has their Halloween decorations up. Really? Really people? It’s almost the Christmas season, I mean a couple popular stations are already playing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and you still have your jack-o-lanterns. In Minnesota, there seems to be a rule that no holiday ends until the next one is half over, and then you get planning for the next one. It’s like our lives revolve around them. But people’s birthdays are over and gone in one day.
My Halloween costume was a last minute shamble of everything black I had in the house and some vampire fangs. This was me, pre-makeup before I went to school.
I had such a lisp with fangs, so I sounded like Sollux whenever I talked. Homestuck reference: Sorry.

 Things I've been into lately...
  • Drawing Manga
  • Cooking
  • Watching Hana Kimi again
  • Translating songs into Japanese, especially the christmas songs. Speaking of drawing manga...

My latest masterpiece, it's supposed to be me. Or an ideal of what I wish I looked like turned into manga form, more or less. I use SketchbookExpress for MacBook


Well, I went shopping today because yesterday was Black Friday and I was scared to leave the house for fear of being trampled. I wouldn’t have gone shopping today either, except for the undeniable fact that I required shoes, since my only nice black dress shoes are high heels that murder my feet. I wore them to my school band concert last Thursday, and while I was trying to oh-so-gracefully walk off stage, I tripped and oh-so-clumsily crashed into a bunch of guys from school who gave me weird looks.

Long Girly Tangent About Shoes: sorry. But anyhoo I needed shoes, so I bought some. Although I think the cash register lady hated me, since the shoe rack was right next to her and I kept dropping shoes all over the place. She kept adjusting her putrid orange scarf and giving me pointed looks as if to say “When is this girl going to LEAVE already?” Nevertheless, I left with two pairs of wonderful shoes. Enough about footwear, for gosh sakes. No seriously though, don’ t you just hate shopping around Christmas? Everybody’s in a foul mood at you just because they’re in a hurry.
Behold... THE SHOES

         I’m getting ready for a very busy holiday season, people. Besides the fact that there are 830 of my youtube subscribers who require Japanese lessons, I have some selfish plans of my own…
Part of these plans involve getting up at 4 in the morning to depart for Maine, traveling al Aeroplane. If I’m wide awake enough to sit up straight, I’ll vlog from the airport in 日本語. I always get a kick out of vlogging in actual PLACES, not just my bedroom. So, when I get to Maine, I’ll be spending the week of Christmas with my grandmother, and most likely eat a lot of seafood. Only in Maine is Lobster a popular Christmas dish. But hey, I’m not gonna complain.

         My wonderful awesome fantabulicious best friend has a birthday coming up soon on December first, so happy birthday, Rachel! (Although I’m not quite sure if Fantabulicious is a word…) I would tell you what I’m getting her, but under the slight chance she might read this, I have decided against it. I’ll give you a hint. POCKYPOCKYPOCKY. I… kind of… have too much of that. :P
If you haven't tried this, you haven't lived. :)


My best friend!!


Later Aligators! I promise I’ll have a blog with more actual stuff to write about soon, and less tangents, but this week was… well, uneventful. So leave your comments and please check out my youtube channel if you haven’t already at youtube.com/ranabvideo
見て見てくださいね〜
よろしく

Peace!
じゃね、

The Midori Neko signing off (for now)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and amazing art work! ♥ I'm impressed!

    Sorry we couldn't skype today! My exboyfriend and his family came over, and so I'll be busy helping them host a "good bye" party for a while. Eh. I'll email you though! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! :)
      Sounds like you'll be busy. I'm at mom's this week, so I can't really voice chat (i might be able to, I'll ask) but I can email and stuff and IM.
      メールを待ってるね〜
      ブログを読んでくれてありがとう

      〜アビー

      Delete